Founded in 1997 by JC West, AS Kaufmann, and JM Borton, EastBridge has a proud record of publishing scholarly works and literature in translation. Providing – as the name would suggest – a bridge to the East, the press has produced important contributions by great names in the field.
Today we are delighted to announce that the EastBridge back catalogue has been acquired by Camphor Press, an independent UK/Taiwanese publisher founded in 2014. The EastBridge name will continue as Eastbridge Books, an imprint of Camphor Press, and we have plans to develop Eastbridge further in the future. There are a number of immediate changes we are implementing:
- Moving the reissued titles to a new website, here at eastbridgebooks.com
- Cutting paperback prices from the previous $29.95 to between $14.99 and $24.99
- Cutting shipping prices
- Offering pricing and payment options in ten more currencies
- New covers for all the books
- Bringing out-of-print titles back into print
- Developing a social media presence on Twitter (@eastbridgebooks) and Facebook (fb.me/eastbridgebooks)
Looking further ahead, we will introduce e-book versions of all Eastbridge titles, priced between $5.99 and $9.99. We also appreciate that libraries and institutions often prefer cloth-bound books, so we will be making all of our titles available in hardback (priced between $24.99 and $44.99). We are relaunching the imprint with 25 titles, available in both paperback and hardback.
In 2018 Eastbridge will reconstitute the editorial board and resume publishing new books. If you have a scholarly work or literary translation project you’d like to discuss with us, you can do so via our contact page.
We are very excited by what the future holds for Eastbridge, and we will be glad to have you along for the journey.